bis Freitag, 09. Dezember 2016 - 17:00 Uhr
In December 2016, the second Asian Materials Education Symposium will be held at the National University of Singapore. This follows the 2014 event, to which we welcomed over 100 delegates from 13 countries including Australia, Brazil, China, Japan, India, Portugal, Singapore, and the UK
What are the Materials Education Symposia?
These unique 2-day Symposia are now firmly established in the calendar as a leading venue for the University-level Materials Education community to come together to discuss ideas, tools, and best practice relating to the teaching of materials in across engineering, design, and science. These events are coordinated by: Granta Design; the Symposia Academic Advisory Committee; and educators at: University of Cambridge, University of California, Berkeley, National University of Singapore, SUTD, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The organisers are grateful for support from ASM International and MRS Singapore, and additional help from FEMS, IFEES, the Materials Division of ASEE, and SEFI.
- A packed speaker program from a panel selected by the Symposium Advisory Committee. Talks cover a wide range of topics related to the teaching of materials in: materials science, manufacturing and processes, mechanical engineering, industrial design, aerospace and nuclear engineering, bio engineering, plastics, and sustainable engineering
- Interactive discussion sessions
- Socializing and networking over lunches and the Symposium dinner
- Two days of poster sessions, with 'Poster Teasers' sessions allowing presenters to briefly introduce their work in the main lecture theater
- Other activities including a Presenters' dinner and CES EduPack short courses and development meetin
2nd Asian Materials Education Symposium, Dec 8-9