bis Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2016 - 18:00 Uhr
nanoFIS 2016 intends to contribute to challenges and topics covered by the Mission, Vision & Strategy of the European Micro- & Nanoelectronics and to increase visibility in particular in the More-Than-Moore domain. The nanoFIS 2016 conference focuses on implementation of Key Enabling Technologies for Novel Device Development and 3D System Integration
nanoFIS 2016 will highlight latest R&D results in the following Topics >>>
ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS
SYSTEM INTEGRATION & PACKAGING
SMART MANUFACTURING PROCESSES
nanoFIS 2016 addresses scientists, researchers and engineers from industry as well as academia throughout the world.
Materials Today: Proceedings
All contributors have the possibility to submit a full paper (peer-review process) which will be published in "Materials Today: Proceedings"! >>>
nanoFIS 2016 Exhibition serves as an excellent platform to promote your product portfolio and to establish direct links to a broad audience of experts. >>>
nanoFIS 2016 is jointly organised by the Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH and Techkonnex – High-Tech Promotion.
The University of Graz was founded at a time when the Jesuits characterized the intellectual, spiritual and cultural life in Graz. They gave the “Stadtkrone” of Graz, the urban ensemble in the city centre, its character and dominated higher education in Europe until the Order was dissolved in 1773. The University of Graz was originally accommodated in the college rooms of the Jesuit College (Seminary) until 1607 when the lecture theatres moved to a new building at the centre of Graz’ “Stadtkrone”. Prince Archduke Ferdinand II laid the foundation stone and the university building was mainly preserved.
From historic accounts we know that rhetoric, poetry, physics and logic were taught in the lecture theatres on the ground floor. The two large rooms on the upper floor were used as an Aula (auditorium) and as a theatre.
Between 1778-1781 the upper floor was converted. A major conversion gave rise to a large library. The appearance of the former auditorium changed so much during this conversion that it is extremely difficult to reconstruct its original state. A further smaller wooden addition created a small library that still exists.
The picture still presented by the hall today is that of the former library. The former partition dividing the upper floor into auditorium and theatre was removed and the rooms replaced by one large open-plan hall. In 1779 Joseph Gebler decorated the vault areas, arches and window recesses using the al secco painting technique. Stylistically, the painting is situated between the Rococo style and Classicism and depicts bouquets of flowers, vases and garlands of flowers. During the restoration of the ceiling in 1835 and in the course of restoration work in 1990 much was painted over.
From 1905 to 2000 the premises housed the provincial archives. Since 2005 the Old University has shone in new splendor and is now used for official functions. The spirit of the building continues to place a spell on visitors.
The information and pictures provided have been found on http://www.alte-universitaet.at/landhaus_oswald/index_au.html#anm.